Tuesday 3 April 2018

Birds and Beasts.

A do very little day.  Weather foul.  My comments waiting for approval on my blog will not load.  ERROR.  Any advice?

So - here are some birds.  From this afternoon.  My walk was to the shedudio.


Lesser Redpoll.


Tree Sparrows.


The magnificent Dyson who seems to be the top male, now has a harem of 3 Lady Pheasants.



Here are two of them.


Up the road the Hairy Coos are all giving birth.  

And our neighbours 6 sheep have begun lambing.  Twins.


I am becoming very impatient waiting for my reading glasses.  I am using the old bifocals which are no good for the new bionic eye after the cataract op.  I have to keep resting my eyes and looking up to the hills.  All these lovely photos and I still cannot comfortably draw and paint  from them.  And breathe.

6 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Don't talk about glasses, I have three pairs on the desk. One for looking across at the tele, one pair for the pc and the other pair for my needlework. Drives me mad. lol
Love the little tree sparrows, ours are the house sparrows, they do not have the little dark brown heads.
Briony
x

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lucky you seeing a redpoll.

Anonymous said...

oh I love LOVE those cows, the color and the horns,, amazing!

Slimsdotter said...

I read another UK blogger(Ilona of meanqueen) and she also mentioned a problem with her comments. Maybe it’s a server thing.

DUTA said...

Birds give us pleasure; cows and sheep give us pleasure + food + leather and wool - and we feel gratitude to them all. You express your love and gratitude through your beautiful paintings. You're lucky to have the talent to do that.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a wonderful time of year with the birth of so many. I am a particular fan of the lambs. Hope you manage to get the comments problem sorted.