Wednesday 7 March 2018

Sun!

Unbelievable sometimes how nature still surprises.  After all the doom and gloom of the last days we had sun, a light breeze and a definite rise in the temperature.

I felt so invigorated seeing the sun again.  


There was not a sea bird in sight.  Neither on the beach or the sea or in the sky.  They have been in the fields around and presumably are still there.


Not what I would call good surf.  This one didnt manage to get up once.



I watched him come out of the water and he looked totally exhausted.


There was the odd dog walker but mostly I had the Prom to myself.

A lot of the fields are flooded.  Melting snow adding to the constant rain we have had recently.


You can see water in the field over the fence to us.  Lots more elsewhere.

Tomorrow right through til Sunday we are to have sun, reasonable temperatures and low winds.  One Happy lady here.


This afternoon as always into the shedudio.  I was not painting.  I was teaching!  Well sharing my limited expertise and tips to a friend who has recently taken up  watercolour painting and boy is she good.


She has lots of questions.  I am happy to assist.  And she brought scones. Though the DP ate them not me.  Funny how helping someone else reinvigorates one own inspiration to paint!

Like the sun reinvigorates.

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, what a stunning watercolour, evoking many childhood memories.

DUTA said...

The weather 'makes us or breaks us'. (I say that about sleep too).
I'm sure that teaching your skill to someone else gives you a feeling of high satisfaction.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Nice to find someone with the same interests as you so that you can share your knowledge and expertise.

crafty cat corner said...

Gorgeous picture of the little girl paddling.
Briony
x

Rosie said...

Lovely watercolours.