Friday 2 March 2018

Repeat.

More snow, more wind, more freezing temperatures.  Ever hopeful.  The wind is lessening.


This is the road to our house.  Photo not taken by either of us.  Or this one.  The reason why neither of us have been out.  Although the DP did do a walk.



I am probably tempting fate here but so far we have not had a power cut.  I am truly thankful for that.  We have remained warm.  Been able to eat well.  So I am not complaining.  Just stir crazy.


Some of the queue for the feeders.



Some of the ones waiting for what falls out of the feeders.  I counted 13 Blackbirds today.  4 Robins, countless Tree Sparrows, House Sparrows, Chaffinches, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Dunnocks, Goldfinches.  Hope the bird food lasts out until we can get out and replenish!

I think the temperature is lifting and the wind lessening as the wood burner performed well in the shedudio and I did  not need the electric blaster today.  Having said that I had lots of clothing on.


More on Dyson.  Although I am annoyed with Mr Dyson who apparently wants the UK to become a tax haven.  Dyson will now be renamed Vacuum.


And the Shag is nearing completion.

My biggest sorrow is the people who had hospital appointments and have not been able to get to them.  I cannot imagine what that must be like.  

I hope that is not repeated.

4 comments:

SandyExpat said...

Your road looks grim. Where is your hubby walking safely in these conditions?

Marjorie said...

I am glad you and DP still have power. I can understand you becoming stir crazy as it happens to me. I hope the snow goes soon for you. We have snow here from October to May but we have houses built to withstand the cold and cars that are winter ready.

rusty duck said...

Jeepers. The thaw has started here. We are back to the usual rain. I know it's got a long way to travel, but it is coming your way!! Hang in there. It's Spring.

DUTA said...

I don't read horoscopes, but I happened to read one on the eve of New Year. Well, it described 2018 as the year of Nature's naughtiness (to put it mildly); that is, anomalous weather, earthquakes, volcanoe erruptions,hurricanes, zunamis, etc...

Where I live, the weather is splendid, but we're constantly warned about the possibility of an earthquake, and there's always the threat of war in the background. So, may God help us all! Only He can.