Monday 19 March 2018

Mother Nature Triumphs again.

No more snow.  Bit frosty first thing.  Otherwise fine.

I must be getting better.  Instead of washing bits of me at the sink I managed to perch on the bath shelf and do the whole body in one go.  It did take me a while to get my breath back to normal......

This afternoon I was off to the Prom and got out of the car.



The high tides recently, wild seas and strong winds have reshaped the bay at Fraserburgh.



These rocks have now covered the beach where most of the pushchairs go down onto the beach.  No go now.



The sand has been moved onto and off Dunes.



Sand also on the grass areas .


The Gull Gang were paddling .



Do not often see Oystercatchers swimming, but these had no choice as the waves came in.


A more 'normal' picture (and one to paint!)


And a wee Redshank.

Back home and into the shedudio.


Sith cat who is a male by the way!  Watching the birds.  The sun is on him showing his 'rusty' bits.


A painting begun of Balaclava Bill, the Grey Seal, who lives in the harbour.  Well fed by the fishermen.  Yawning.

Nature provides us with such wonderful sights.

3 comments:

Jean. said...

I like the gull gang photo, but the Redshank looks sad and lonely, even though I know he's on the lookout for food.
I currently have two black cats and have had several others throughout my life. They are so beautiful, but then all cats are to me. I read somewhere that black cats are difficult to photograph, even professionally. I find that it's not so bad with kittens, but once much older, however black your cat looks in real life, once there's a flash or sunlight involved, they look "rusty" in places. Still beautiful though.

kjsutcliffe said...

I am always impressed (and a little in awe of) the changes after a storm or a high tide. Shows how easily the coastline can be altered.Saw on the news a couple of nights ago how some coastal villages are again losing their outlying houses to the sea.

Lyssa Medana said...

I agree with kjsutcliffe. Seeing the way nature reshapes the world makes me feel humble. LM x