Tuesday 13 February 2018

Sleet, snow and cold.

Brrrrr.  

I had to do my monthly meter reading for Octopus our current green electricity provider.  Very pleasing to see the consumption has already gone down thanks to the wood burner, in the shedudio.  Had to happen as now two electric heaters are redundant!

I bit the bullet and drove myself down to the Prom.


Bitterly cold.  Snowing. I opened the car window to take this picture and the next of the paddle surfer.


Then had to wipe the lens and the rest of the camera!

It was wonderful not to have to nearly break my neck to look right at junctions as the new bionic eye performed perfectly.

Back home and down the shedudio I realised that now my right eye was working I needed to rearrange the work space so that the light fell better for vision/painting/drawing.


Not sure this position will be right.  But it was better than when I faced towards the doors.  As my right eye hasn't worked for over a year at least, this is a whole new eyeball game.

And I am now facing the garden birds.


Which is a distraction.  Both to them and me.

I did a bit more moving of other stuff.  More to do.  Plus I managed to use the vinegar spray and clean some windows.  So that was my exercise today.  Hope to be back doing Pulmonary physio tomorrow.  I was told not to do any vacuuming, humping same around.  Haven't done that for some time.  But I do pump iron, actually heavy plastic. 2.5 kg.  The DP tells me that is lighter than the vacuum.  And he should know.....


So - the pair of Grey Partridges begun. I cannot begin to tell you what a pleasure it is to put the paint brush where I want it to go.  Without squinting or cursing.

Tomorrow it is to be very windy.  35 mph gusting to whatever.  

We are clearing out our cupboards and upstairs the vacuum packed bedding.  I saw a plea in facebook for a family who have nothing.  There are just the two of us.  We brought a lot here from running the b&b.  Thinking family visiting.  Family has increased.  No way they could all visit at once any more.  So let us sort and provide where it is needed and will be used instead of sitting in a cupboard - just in case.  William Morris would be pleased.

2 comments:

Chris said...

So pleased to hear of your improved eyesight. You must be a happy camper!

kjsutcliffe said...

Loving the colour pop of the grey partridges, having happy eyes makes for a happy artist! Nice x