Friday 2 February 2018

Fun Friday.

The wind eventually died down.  The rain stopped.

I sorted out ordering and paying for the wood burner and its flue bits.  Hopefully all will be delivered by Wednesday next week.  Have to get cracking on clearing the shedudio for all to be installed.  

Our new chairs are also due for delivery on Tuesday.  Whoop.  No wonder I feel cheerful.

After lunch I walked.


Beyond the Kessock Burn bubbling over the stones there were a flock of Oystercatchers.


Future paintings!


Then a dog came running down the boardwalk.


Meanwhile over to the left were the surfers.  6 of them today.

Heavy swell as a result of yesterdays winds.


The fishing boats were heading off out of the harbour, while the Surfers waited...


Then they caught the wave.


Back home I had a friend visit who has recently taken up watercolour painting.  We had fun with unravelling or not a roll of cling film and applied salt.  She is far more talented than I, not just with unravelling cling film!  But I enjoyed the visit.  

I had a letter today telling me my cataract operation is set for the 11th February.  I was referred for this in October 2016.....  11th February is a Sunday.  

Poor NHS.  What a state we are in.  

I have to say that I was offered an earlier date - in Glasgow - which I turned down.  I could not face a 4/5 hour journey, over night stay, 2 of us, and an abandoned Sith cat, etc.etc. but hey ho - here we go. 12 noon in Aberdeen.  Be back home for tea time.  If it all goes well.


5 comments:

Chris said...

Love your video - I have yet to master that skill. Please keep posting.

Gail, northern California said...

I wish you the very best with your cataract surgery.

Anonymous said...

thats amazing,, I have always wanted to surf,, lol,, I'm 62 and that dream has flown the coop, but I have never been to the ocean, so I enjoy all your photos, good luck with that surgery,, good to have that behind you.

slimsdotter said...

Might want to verify that date beforehand, just to be sure...

slimsdotter said...

Might want to verify that date just to be sure.... Everybody I know that had cataract surgery was very happy about it afterwards.