Thursday 8 February 2018

Being silly.

I shall be 69 next month.  And I still get worried about simple things.  I have had four children.  Each birth was different, the last an emergency section. Various other invasive medical investigations.  I have had a cataract operation.  So why am I getting myself into a tizz about another?

I have to bathe my eyes with boiled water and baby shampoo twice a day.  Managed to over do the baby shampoo, so my eyes are still stinging....  It is time I grew up.

I went for my walk.  I had already done the pulmonary exercises.  Deep breathing of the sea air calmed me a little.


A lovely day.  The sun had finally come out.  Bit breezy.  


The beach as I like it, deserted.  Although there was the odd dog walker to keep the Gull Gang etc. at bay.


A Punk haired Stonechat!



This bit of rope from a fishing boat looked like a Giant had lost their arm!



A Redshank.  Always look so purposeful marching along.

When I came home I was told by the stove fitter, "Give me half an hour."



A bit of smoke on first being lit.  Should not be able to see any subsequently.



Enormous flue!

Need to rethink the path although it doesnt go anywhere now since we had the gate at the end removed and fenced as it only went onto the lane - and why?

Then I went inside.


After about twenty minutes I took off my coat!


The fitter went round doing a heat test.. Walls inside and outside were tested.  None were hot.  So here you go a woodburning stove inside a wooden Summerhouse.  I have checked on a number of occasions and all is still well!  There is one more stay to be fitted outside to stop the flue being battered by gales.  That was delivered while we were all down there getting warm!  

So a move round I feel so I can get the full benefit of the heat.  Probably a bit of dusting, and the windows do need cleaning.  Then its Open Shedudio!

After the cataract operation on Sunday.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course you're worried,, we all would be,, its normal I think,,, don't worry,,
beautiful photos and beautiful wood burner!!!! Warm your bones,,lol,,

BadPenny said...

Brimming marvellous x

Chris said...

Ooh, shampoo in the eye - that must have stung! Love the stonechat and am very envious of your new wood burner!

Susan Heather said...

Wonderful - looks like you should be able to boil a kettle or warm soup on it as well.

DUTA said...

It's only natural to be a bit nervous before surgery, even minor surgery.
Don't worry! Be happy1 (as the words of the famous song say).

Gail, northern California said...

Don't beat yourself up. You have every right to be concerned. And no one else can say otherwise, they're not on the table. So march forward, lady warrior.

Scarlet said...

I still worried about my second cataract op. I hope all goes well on Sunday.
Your stove looks wonderful!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I feel warmer just looking at your picture. Good luck for the op.

Mum said...

All the best for Sunday Jill.
xx