Sunday 14 January 2018

Spending money.

When we came to look at this house.  We saw the units on the facing wall in the dining room and I asked the vendor, "Can you talk me through this?"


The black shiny units.... "Well it's storage isnt it, " she replied.  So on your left are cupboards.   On your right a fridge above and freezer below, two wine coolers, temperature controlled, drawer, cupboard below, glass shelving, drawer, cupboard below.

On viewing I was thinking, "Well that lot has to come out."  But then you move in and fill up the cupboards and drawers and fridge and freezer and once a year the wine coolers!

So it was go with the flow.  

The dining table and chairs came from John Lewis and I love them.  Then the two black leather recliner chairs with footstools.  Not from John Lewis.  Well they looked good.  But oh dear not worn very well.  Not proper leather, think it was bonded leather?  So it has worn on the arms.  Sith cat uses the one on the right which is quite frankly now disgusting in having worn away so badly with his claws.  The proper leather suite we have in the living room moved here with us and still looks beautiful despite Sith's claws and wear no tear.  And when we remember to feed it it is beautiful.



So this year the decision was to replace the chairs in the dining room.  I am trawling through the internet for lime green or orange bucket seats.  Then the DP tells me he does not like bucket seats.  Wants a recliner.

I want something funky, cleanable and resistant to cat claws.  Back on with the search.

Today I have not been out other than to the shedudio.  Wind heading to gale force, gloomy, rain and snow forecast for mid week.  Hope to get out tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks wonderful, I love the dining set, those chairs are brilliant,, and I also love the recliners also what a view!!!!,, the leather suit in your other room is beautiful as well and it looks like the really thick leather,, darn cats love to sharpen claws lol,, we had a sharpening post and they still used the furniture! I would have done the same, kept the black units,, why not,, they are really handy!! They look great with the modern look of the dining set and recliners, I think it looks great!!

Chris said...

You have lots of light in your rooms which must be cheerful. I don't think you need to change a thing!

Anonymous said...

I bought two reclining sofas from Stressless 14 years ago and they are wonderfull but expensive. I would recommend their reclining chairs as well. I should really replace them but couldn’t afford to pay that again and they do sort out my sore back. If you can afford it, go for them. I have even spent the night on one when we have had a full house and I am not a back sleeper!

Carol from West Lothian.

BadPenny said...

Have fun choosing new chairs x

crafty cat corner said...

Love the dining table and chairs, so unusual.
Thanks for the tip on paint regarding Tom, this stuff has not smell but I can quite see how some paints might affect him.
Briony
x