Friday 10 November 2017

Very short walk today.

As forecast the weather was foul.  Rain, hail, high winds and bitterly cold.

So my walk was down to the shedudio.  About a minute.


So, no views of the beach, the prom, the Gull Gang.  

Above is the Shedudio after its new coat of paint.  Lots of bits and pieces added to the verandah since then, though one of the pots has been moved to the garage for protection from frost.


The view facing me from my chair as I work.  Comfy chair, and two others ready for visitors.




View to my left.  Two of three browsers of mounted paintings.  On the table are cards made from photos of my paintings.  On the table in front of me is work in progress.  A mug of water as far away as possible from the jar of water I wash out the brushes in!



To my right the view outside the window.  Cherry tree with bird feeders.



Also to my right are some of the tools I use. Brushes, pencils, pens, etc.  Although I also have two tea trolleys close to hand with paint tubes, other pens, other inks, and bits and bobs.  Behind me are two electric heaters.  One is a blower, which quickly warms up the space and then that gets switched off and the convector heater switched on.  I keep thinking I should source something I could get that would be cheaper to run, but I have also to consider my lungs......  Any suggestions?

When I am not drawing or painting I can look to the right and see 





The birds feeding.



I download photographs to my tablet.  This enables me to enlarge eyes, detail etc so as to then draw/paint.



So here is a Nuthatch begun in ink today.  The photograph was taken by James Brown and posted on facebook North East Scottish Wildlife page, taken quite a way south of where we live but their territory is moving northwards.

I had a good day, despite not having the walk or seeing the Gull Gang.  


3 comments:

Chris said...

A very well organized space - everything to hand and lots of views to encourage inspiration! Sorry you didn't get your walk today. Me neither, it's minus 8C here today!

kjsutcliffe said...

Similar set up as mine, I love the ability to be able to look outside and watch the birds or the clouds or just the garden itself. I am doing a kingfisher at the moment - or rather waiting for a decision as to which kingfisher painting is chosen - I shall let you know :)

Mum said...

This is as good as a walk. Lovely space.
xx