Monday 11 September 2017

Getting bored.

Third day of North East Open Studios.  Again high winds and lashing of rain.  However I did have visitors.  A couple on holiday from the West of Scotland.  As with most of my visitors they bought some cards.  So I still need to make almost £90 of sales to get my money back for being part of NEOS.  But they were very appreciative of my work.  Just didnt buy any.

The next couple had come from Glasgow and do so every year to trawl round NEOS artists, so I was very honoured that they chose to come to me, this they made very plain.  Bought nothing.  So my work must be crap.

Both couples made it clear that lack of signage on road junctions had made it very difficult to find me.  Well - NEOS  have disallowed me from doing so....

I really am on a loser here.

Then a friend arrived and helped me put the art work to right....





Some of what you can see if you visit my studio.

One thing has become clear.  Well probably more than one.  No-one can find me without signage.  Where I live has to have signs where I am not allowed to put them.  So I aint doing this again.  

I am missing the walks on the prom.  However the weather has been so bad I wouldnt be doing that anyway.  Tomorrow the wind is still strong.  

Not a happy bunny.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Sorry you are having such a negative experience, Jill. The bad weather doesn't help, I'm sure!

Nethergreen said...

Your paintings are beautiful. I have put your studio on my list of places to visit the next time I am in the UK. In the meantime, I hope your visitor numbers pick up

Beth Backus said...

I'm so sorry about your lack of visitors. NEOS should treat you better.

Do you still have a mouse painting or print? Have you ever sold to customers outside of the UK?

Thank.

Beth