Sunday 27 August 2017

More NEOS stressing.

Today was a good weather day.  No wind, cloudy every so often, but warm.  So after lunch I went for the walk down the Prom.



Two old photos of the Prom/Esplanade.  How different to today.  Apart from the railings.  Which I lean on and gain control of my breathing.  They are still there!  

Today I saw a boat coming into the harbour.



 Alba na Mara was built by MacDuff Shipbuilders Ltd of MacDuff for the Scottish Government. Operating from her home port in Fraserburgh, Alba na Mara will be used for fish and shellfish stock assessment and environmental monitoring in the North Sea and on the west coast of Scotland. She carries a crew of eight, and can accommodate up to five scientists.

Well there you go.  We have all learnt something.


Three Oyster Catchers.   Good to see them back on the beach.  They have all been off in bits of gravel, laying their eggs, and rearing their young.

And then there was this poor soul.




A not well Great Black Backed Gull.  So odd looking I was asked if it was a Bird of Prey?!  

What happened was a group of primary age boys began chasing it.  What could I do?  I shouted at them.  Ignored.  I eventually got a grown up male to go and stop them harassing it.  The tide was coming in fast.  It couldnt fly.  But didnt need the stress from the kids.  I hope it floated off to a peaceful death.  But I was so upset at the mindless chasing.

Back home to more card making, more catching up with drawing board finishing.


Another small canvas almost finished.

The DP has been tidying up the drive, edging and weeding.  And clearing out the gutters.

All for NEOS?  Well it needed doing!

2 comments:

marlane said...

Do they make mini megaphones for such a situation. I would have been beside myself also. Here in the USA visiting a beach near Santa Barbara CA (I live about an hours drive away) My husband and I saw a sea gull with a fish hook through its beak. I had to do something, so I called "fish and game" who referred me to the correct authorities. A Park Ranger was to go out and look to see what could be done. I did not follow up, but I was very happy at the concern, and that I had done something to help the gull. My husband and I tried to catch it but it was not that far gone to let us get close enough.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I guess many birds die in very sad circumstances and we never see as they will mostly die at sea.