Wednesday 23 August 2017

Kids may be a pain but then they say something awesome.

It has rained all day.  Heavy rain.  Windy too.  Granddaughter was desperate to go to the beach.

We had lunch out.


At the Dunes.  Lovely as always.  Made a lot more mess on the floor than when it is just the DP and I!  There was only one of the NEOS books left, so I have to drop some more in.  

Still raining.  But we had promised, so we went.


The DP, daughter no 3 and granddaughter went off into the rain.  The next photos were taken by the DP.






Meanwhile I was 'looking after' Grandson '.



He entertained me with endless Peppa Pig videos.

I can now 'oink' like Daddy Pig brilliantly.  (Having 'lost' almost an hour of my life.)

Back home.  As Granddaughter was soaked to the skin (Daughter no 3 having left their coats in Lincoln, where they live.)  The DP and I got her changed while grandson finished his nap (in the car with Mum. ) I then kitted her out for the walk - in the rain- down to the shedudio.


Fits her better than me!

Whilst we were slapping paint around, and in her case, also pen and ink and oil pastels, she announced that she liked Granddad and me.  Apparently as you grow up you get more serious.  Then when you get old you remember being a child and are good fun.

I am still floating on a cloud.

1 comment:

kjsutcliffe said...

I can remember days like that, when my boys would get wet, would nap in cars, would play in dreadful weather and need a watchful parent, now suddenly they are taller than me, grown up but still fall asleep in the car, Still go out in all weathers and still get wet!