Monday 24 April 2017

Weather chaos.

It snowed.  Proper snow.  We live so near the sea, and not on high ground it is vary rare we have snow.  But today we did.

After lunch I went off for my walk.


The sea was a bit rough.  There was not much wind.  I was well dressed for the cold.

There were few people around.


As I was heading for the Path of Doom it began to hail.  No one had mentioned hail !  As I turned to return to the car I fast realised that the wind had increased and was horizontal so the hail was straight into my face.  Not good.  Painful.  Struggling to breathe and taking shelter where I could I got back to the car.


Phew.

Home and fed the birds.


Filled the feeders hanging from the Cherry Tree and scattered seed on the ground as there were so many hungry beaks.

A few hours later the sun came out, blue skies and white fluffy clouds and the wind dropped.  Confused dotcom.

No longer believe in weather forecasts.


Fraserburgh beach this morning.

Weather chaos.


5 comments:

e said...

Climate change...even the weather forecasters don't know what to think...Sorry you were caught in it!

Chris said...

What an awful shock! Glad you survived your morning walk......and the birds too, poor things!

Gail, northern California said...

After your cold, cold, cold morning---I could only think that what you needed was a nice long luxurious soak in a hot bath. A glass of wine, warm flannel pajamas, a bed piled high with lovely soft blankets.

kjsutcliffe said...

We had hail yesterday, my potager seedlings flattened somewhat. Then frost over night, fortunately we'd covered them up, now snowing - or rather trying to snow with a bitterly cold wind. Urgh. What happened to that glorious spell of spring weather we had a few days ago?! Sposed to go out this afternoon, will have to wrap up like a Victorian arctic explorer!

The Weaver of Grass said...

That is just how it is here too in Yorkshire.