Friday 9 January 2015

Exexutive or executed?

Apologies for being away for so long.  But oh boy have I been busy.


As vice chair of the trustees of the Lighthouse Museum, since the 3rd January when the Museum reopened after the festive break, I have been in almost every day.  The departure of our Business Manager has left the chair and I at the helm.  

Wouldnt be so-o-o hard were I being paid an executive salary, but I get nowt other than job satisfaction........

  
This morning I had to make the decision to close down the Lighthouse tours.  This was after I had to use my mobile for someone to come out of the Museum and open my car door, allow me to hang on to them from car to Museum, then heft the doors open to let me in.  The wind was so strong.  

Bits of somebody's roof were all over the car park.  Which was asbestos so the staff went into a state of panic.  (I think you have to break it up then inhale the dust, or eat it,  before it becomes a danger....)  

It was picked up and put into our store  and now has large DANGER ASBESTOS signs everywhere.  I really can do without all this hysteria.....



Fortunately I still manage my painting therapy.


Although, once finished, it did remind me of the staff in a huddle building up for another panic attack about something... 

They are lovely really!!

3 comments:

rusty duck said...

Take care Jill. Blowing a hoolie down here, dread to think what it is like for you.

justjill said...

Bad Rusty Duck. Our next door neighbour has 2 40/50 foot ? pine trees down, fortunately missed anything and some strange agricultural part building squat in the road, which we are all dutifully driving round, difficult on a narrow road, but what else we can do with it???? Exciting int it.

BadPenny said...

Volunteering is the new black I hear !

Take care Jill xx