Thursday 6 February 2014

Fit like?

Doric for "How are you?" 

Certainly getting fitter!.

We have warming up exercises and warming down exercises at the physio.  Most of us agree we are more breathless after them than the actual exercises.

First we have to march, on the spot.  This is quite difficult to stay on the spot as you naturally drift off forwards, left or right depending on the bends in your body - or mind - and I think we should just go for the Hokey Cokey.


Our physiotherapist is amazing and should be on a Victoria Wood sketch.

"Lift those knees up, not you Alastair, pump those arms,not you Doris, punch punch punch.  Come on, get those knees up to touch your chest,"

I said,"  Could I not just take my bra off?  " 

At which point three of the chaps stopped breathing as they were laughing so much and had to be resuscitated.

We are now fighting over who's turn it is on the bike, we only have one between eight of us.  Unlike this lot.





New Zealand obviously has a richer health service than we do. 

We however have a trainee physio from Robert Gordon University.  Young,male and very fit......

At least two of the female members of our group have had to be resuscitated.  

Today's session ended with us being given home work diaries.  It is part of the process that three exercise sessions a week, minimum, are partaken of.  The NHS cant afford to run three so one has to be done at home.  Now how do you replicate that in a home environment?  Steps,walking,sitting standing no problem, arm weight lifting - tin of beans or bag of sugar or whatever that has the equivalent weight.  But how do you fasten a tin of beans or a bag of sugar to your leg?  

Joanne had the answer, " Shove it down your support tights."

Right.  Do Tescos sell support tights?



 


4 comments:

BadPenny said...

Excellent work Jill x

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill you have had me HOWLING with laughter! Lucky folks to have you in the class... Keep up the good work, and try to keep your bra on!

Gracie Saylor said...

Well Christine did warn me, but I have to say that I am still laughing out loud as I type to you, Jill :)

I love your paintings of the oystercatchers that Christine featured on her last post and I look forward to exploring your blog and getting to know you better!

[for the last few months I have been trying to swim three times a week...an hour on each day...which I am loving once I get in the water :) ] xx

Annie Cholewa said...

I'm reading this with a hot water bottle pressed against the sore muscles in my twisted back and cursing you for making me laugh so much cos it hurts ... says it all really doesn't it ;)