Sunday 9 December 2012

New Traditions.,


In the end twas I alone who drove to the farm to buy the tree.  The DP  not feeling at all well, and I didnt really want to be shut up in a car with him and his germs.



In our last home we had room for any number of trees. 10 footer in the sitting room.  When we moved here we had two, much smaller,  for our first Christmas, one in the living room and one in the dining room.  


The dining room has lots of black, chrome and glass so the tree was decorated in white and silver.

Now our living room has the wood burning stove installed making it a bit too warm for a Christmas Tree.

I left the DP putting on the lights on the one in the dining room and when I returned from my chill out session in the shed discovered he had put the multicoloured lights on the tree.  Aaargh. There was no argument.....  I merely took off the multicoloured lights and the gold baubles he had hung.....  And redressed the tree.

The multicoloured lights I draped around the stove.  


But no matter how hard we try we can never, ever do better than nature.




First by the DP this was like a square rainbow!
Second by my friend Lesley Jennings, as night drew on.  This effect is called Incandescence.

3 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

Love the tree.Those photos are wonderful.

Linda said...

What beautiful photographs such stunning skies!

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor DP! What's wrong with his coloured lights and gold baubles? Bless him for trying! xx