Thursday 29 March 2012

Moving on.

Something that is not moving on, hopefully, despite the increase of not native bluebells.  I think this is a proper Scottish Bluebell.



We have a strong North West wind here today.  As it hasnt rained for quite a long time, the wind is lifting the soil from the fields that have been ploughed and moving it on.



If you click on the picture you should be able to see the red haze above the trees which is a field's top soil lifted and moved.



Again, click on the picture and you should be able to see the haze of the soil moving to the right.  All very spooky and we are so glad we dont wash our cars that often, as everything is now covered in a fine film of dust.


This is the house I moved on from to here.  Greenbrae Bed and Breakfast.  The Dawn Patroller and I set this up in 2003.  We moved out last April and today was my first visit back.  It was our meeting of the Best of Banffshire and Buchan Bed and Breakfasts.  Although now retired from b&b I am still secretary of the group.  The couple who bought Greenbrae from us are also doing b&b.  They have made many alterations and the part of the house that they use for bed and breakfast is amazing.


So much so that as we all gathered in the guest breakfast room for our meeting I said, "What the bloody hell are you all doing in my bedroom?"
 My ensuite is now a kitchen.


Moving on - all change.


Not everything changes - glass of wine required as going back not always a calming experience, cheers.



4 comments:

Lynn said...

I think you were very brave going back.
L.x.

Anonymous said...

We've had the dust storms too, very weird for around here. I thought it was a sea haar coming in, until I realised it was brown. Methinks we need a drop of rain now. (but just a drop) xx

scrumptious days said...

That just be a funny feeling returning to your old home, and everything in the wring place. I'm sure the glass of wine was much needed!

BadPenny said...

Husband gets very cross when he has spent hours washing & polishing someone's boat and the wind carries dust like that !

I've only been in my old house once in seven years but walk past it every day - it's next door but one ! I only miss the garden - prettier than the one I have now.